International Network for the Promotion of Public Speaking in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (INPAS)
Position: Project Monitoring Officer
In order to find funding to achieve its mission, namely, “to empower and influence the development of public speaking as a vehicle for social, cultural and political transformation”, RIPAO is creating the position of Project Manager. The project manager’s mission is to :
- Identify calls for projects that are in line with RIPAO’s programmes and objectives;
- Propose project ideas;
- Drafting projects and responding to calls for tender;
- Compile the necessary files to apply for the calls for funding;
- Follow up on applications and keep the office informed of their progress;
- Surround yourself with people who can assist you in your mission;
- To make a periodic report of the activities carried out;
- Manage the administrative tasks necessary for the evolution of the network;
- Search for new partners.
Technical and functional experience :
● At least 4 years experience in project management, preferably in the fields of humanitarian, civil society and local development;
● Excellent computer skills;
● Sufficient knowledge of the political and economic environment in Africa;
● Ability to work under pressure and to manage politically and culturally sensitive issues;
● Excellent organisational, planning and analytical skills;
● Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills;
● Languages: Fluency in French is required.
● Fluency in English is mandatory
THE REQUIRED PROFILE
● Be available ;
● Demonstrate experience in facilitating/coaching a public speaking club;
● Have successfully completed a training of trainers workshop in public speaking;
● Familiar with computer tools and the intensive use of social networks;
● Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
● A solid general culture.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION
In addition to the salary, the project manager will have privileges and economic income through the training activities that he or she can initiate. Other benefits of the position are:
● A professional RIPAO e-mail address
● Access to the database of African coaches in Oratory Art.
● Access to contacts and networking with the network of public speaking professionals in Africa
● Integration into the RIPAO member network
● International travel opportunities
● Free training for professional development.
● Opportunities to deliver paid training courses
● A certificate of completion
● Referral opportunities during or after the assignment